The aim and purpose of the Netherlands American Society of Southern California (NAS), a Dutch social club, is to provide a social environment for persons of Dutch descent or persons who have an active interest in the Netherlands, in order to communicate with one another on a regular basis about their common heritage and or interest.
UPCOMING SOCAL EVENTS
NAS has a number of exciting and fun events scheduled through the year for the enjoyment of members and their guests. From time to time, events of other Dutch organizations will also be posted, such as the United Netherlands Organizations (UNO) Holland Festival, UNO Dutch King's Day LA, Netherland-American Foundation (NAF) events and NAF-Biz events.
- NAF SoCal: AN EVENING OF NETWORKING, LOS ANGELES, CA Wednesday, October 18, 2017
- NAS LEIDENS ONTZET, WOODLAND HILLS CA Sunday, October 22, 2017
- NAF-SOCAL DUTCH-AMERICAN HERITAGE DAY GALA DINNER DANCE, LOS ANGELES CA Thursday, November 16, 2017
- DUTCH SCHOOL (SAN DIEGO) SINTERKLAAS PARTY, LA JOLLA CA Saturday, December 2, 2017
- DUTCH SCHOOL (OC & LA) SINTERKLAAS PARTY, FULLERTON CA Sunday, December 3, 2017
- DE NEDERLANDSE KERSTDIENST, DOWNEY CA Zaterdag, December 9, 2017
- NAS SINTERKLAAS PARTY, AGOURA HILLS CA Sunday, December 10, 2017
- NAS NEW YEAR’S RECEPTION, LOCATION TBD Sunday, January 14, 2018
- VAN TILBURG LECTURE, UCLA Thursday, February 15, 2018
MORE ABOUT THESE EVENTS
BECOME A NAS MEMBER
Become a member of the Netherlands American Society and enjoy all the benefits of belonging to a wonderful social organization: friendship, great events and sharing a common interest in the Netherlands.
ANNOUNCEMENTS - GENERAL
NEW BOOK: THE BOAT RUNNER
A new novel by Devin Murphy, a professor at Bradley University in Peoria, Ill., is about the Netherlands during WWII. He writes: “My mother is Dutch and her own heritage started me on the project. My debut novel, THE BOAT RUNNER (on sale September 5th from Harper Perennial), follows the Koopmans, a wealthy industrial family, who struggle to stay together amid the brutalities of war. Fourteen-year-old Jacob Koopman and his brother Edwin once spent their days playing with friends, idolizing their mysterious Uncle Martin, and helping their father at the Koopman lightbulb factory. But, when the boys’ father naively sends them to a Hitler Youth Camp to secure German business for the factory, they receive a preview to a world dominated by blood and honor.” The novel will also be published in Dutch.
On sale September 5, 2017 or pre-order at:
HARPER COLLINS PUBLISHERS
And other booksellers.
- Posted 27 July 2017
ANNOUNCEMENTS - JOBS
Employment opportunities, submitted by others, are listed here as a convenience and source of interest for visitors to this web site and should not be construed as being an endorsement by the Netherlands American Society.
- DUTCH NATIVE SPEAKER TEACHING POSITION - ENCINO, CA
- POSITIONS FOR NATIVE FLUENCY SPEAKERS IN DUTCH - CULVER CITY, CA
- DUTCH LINGUISTS NEEDED ONSITE, GLENDALE, CA - QC FOR FILM STUDIO
- DUTCH SUBTITLE EDITOR NEEDED
- EXCITING POSITION FOR FLUENT DUTCH SPEAKER - MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA
MORE ABOUT THESE JOBS
If your group or organization has an announcement that you would like listed here, please contact us. The subject should be Dutch related and appropriate. The Special Announcements are listed as a convenience and source of interest for visitors to this web site. Business and/or promotional announcements should not be construed as being an endorsement by the Netherlands American Society. We maintain a limited selection of past announcements in our:
NAS SUPPORTS THE FOLLOWING
DUTCH SCHOOL OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
DUTCH LANGUAGE CLASSES FOR CHILDREN - Dutch School of Southern California offers classes in Dutch Language and Culture, to children from 3-12 years old, absolute beginners or already fluent in Dutch.
NAS Member Laura Ligthart is Director of Dutch School of Southern California.
Challenges Foundation is a sailing program for veterans, the disabled and underprivileged. Donations are gratefully appreciated.
NAS members Inge Hobo-Scheinfarb and David Scheinfarb are the Board of Directors.
© 2017 Netherlands American Society of Southern California, Inc.